A lot of us pattern flyers make our own iso mounts. This is how:
1. Use silicone glue and make a layer of around 2mm directly onto the back (circular/square) section of your motor mount. Once the silicone is on, lay it flat on a piece of wax paper, make sure that the silicone is relatively even all the way round & leave to dry. Once dry, pull off the piece of wax paper and trim any excess silicone around the outer & inner edges of the mount. You can now pull the silicone off the back of your mount and you will have a nice silicone ring or square. I normally just leave it stuck to the back of the mount.
2.Buy 4 small rubber tap washers and similar sized metal washers. Place your mounting bolts through these with the metal washer closest to the head of the bolt and the tap washer next. Now cut 4 pieces of fuel tubing which will be long enough to fit through your mount & the silicone stuck to the back of the mount. Slide one of these pieces of silicon onto each bolt behind the tap washer.
3.Re-drill the holes in your engine mount which are used for bolting the mount to the firewall so that they are big enough to allow the piece of thick silicone fuel tubing through. Insert the bolts with thewashers and silicon tubing through the engine mount & you now have a very effective iso mount.
- Control Line SIG
- Fun Fly SIG
- Gert Nieuwoudt's SAMAA Facebook page
- Large Scale Aerobatics SIG
- MGA SIG
- MHSA SIG
- Model Aerobatic Association SIG
- National Association of Scale Modelers SIG
- SA Indoor Electric Association
- SAMAA Diary of Events
- SAMAA membership admin site
- SAMAA web page
- SAMJA SIG
- SAMPRA SIG
- ► 2014 (33)
- ► 2013 (44)
- ► 2012 (57)
- ► 2011 (67)
- ► 2010 (79)
- ► 2009 (78)
- ► 2008 (102)
- ► 2007 (108)
- ► 2006 (90)
- Keith Renecle's report on the 2005 CL Nats
- The ballad of the Bubble Dancer by Ryan Woebkenber...
- Highveld Thermal League number 2. Photo by Evan S...
- Andre on Slow Fly prop balancing
- John Cunningham on the 2005 Aerobatic Nats
- Paula Denysschen on the Graaff Reinet Jet Fly In
- Tom Copp on the length of servo horns
- Keith Williams on Iso Mounts
- Claude's report on the 2005 Aerobatic Nats in Bloe...
- ▼ May (9)
Web site terms and conditions
Copyright of material on all the pages of this site is vested in the SAMAA or the original authors. You may use the material in terms of the Creative Commons license for non-commercial purposes on the condition that you acknowledge its origin.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License
The views expressed on this web site, or on any directly or indirectly linked site, are not necessarily those of the SAMAA Committee, or the web editor. The information provided on this site is provided for recreational purposes only. The SAMAA and the authors of presented content assume no liability whatsoever on the use of information contained in this site. The information on this site is provided on an "as-is" basis, without warrantee of any kind. Links provided on this site will let you leave the SAMAA web site. The linked sites are not under the control of the SAMAA, and the SAMAA is not responsible for the contents of any linked site, or any link contained within a linked site, or updates to such sites.