There was some discussion at the AGM about the value of the SAMAA to the ordinary club flyer...
In my view there are three main reasons for flying clubs to support the SAMAA:
1. The SAMAA insurance scheme covers members against third party claims. The scheme is very good value for money. Of course you can take out your own insurance. But this will be much more costly.
2. The CAA has given official recognition to the SAMAA. This means that registered SAMAA flying sites are protected by CAA rules. It is against the law to fly model aircraft near SAMAA sites. This is a key benefit. In the past the SAMAA found it hard to restrict this kind of off-site operation. Not any more. A stroke of the pen removed a possible source of radio interference.
3. The SAMAA has an effective link to ICASA. It secured a wider 35MHz band solely for model aircraft use. It has used the link to track down and remove illegal users of the band. Again this means safer flying.
SAMAA membership is of great value to "Sunday Fliers" - the great majority of Aeromodellers in South Africa. Membership gives safety and peace of mind at a low cost. Join the SAMAA now.
- Control Line SIG
- Fun Fly SIG
- Gert Nieuwoudt's SAMAA Facebook page
- Large Scale Aerobatics SIG
- MGA SIG
- MHSA SIG
- Model Aerobatic Association SIG
- National Association of Scale Modelers SIG
- SA Indoor Electric Association
- SAMAA Diary of Events
- SAMAA membership admin site
- SAMAA web page
- SAMJA SIG
- SAMPRA SIG
- ► 2014 (33)
- ► 2013 (44)
- ► 2012 (57)
- ► 2011 (67)
- ► 2010 (79)
- ► 2009 (78)
- ► 2008 (102)
- ► 2007 (108)
- Some feedback from Joe Coetzer
- Hermanus 2006 -- Dave Greer
- Gliding Proficiency Testing and Instruction guidel...
- Loss of email -- Bob Skinner
- An alternative source of epoxy resin -- Evan Shaw
- The Lightfoot / Street connection -- Dave Greer
- Flying clubs should support the SAMAA
- Biggest Electric Aircraft in South Africa -- Jonat...
- SAMAA AGM 2006 -- Louis
- ▼ November (9)
- ► 2005 (133)
Web site terms and conditions
Copyright of material on all the pages of this site is vested in the SAMAA or the original authors. You may use the material in terms of the Creative Commons license for non-commercial purposes on the condition that you acknowledge its origin.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License
The views expressed on this web site, or on any directly or indirectly linked site, are not necessarily those of the SAMAA Committee, or the web editor. The information provided on this site is provided for recreational purposes only. The SAMAA and the authors of presented content assume no liability whatsoever on the use of information contained in this site. The information on this site is provided on an "as-is" basis, without warrantee of any kind. Links provided on this site will let you leave the SAMAA web site. The linked sites are not under the control of the SAMAA, and the SAMAA is not responsible for the contents of any linked site, or any link contained within a linked site, or updates to such sites.