Tim Blackman of The RC Pilot sent in this info:
There is an SMS doing its rounds basically it says , The RC Pilot is being taken over by its suppliers and anyone who has any 2nd hand kits in the shop should remove them immediately.
Our Attorneys have just laid a charge at the SAPS Kempton Park, The SAPS & our attorneys have applied for a section 205 warrant on The Service Provider, The Service Provider risk management section is in the process of supplying the SAPS with details.
The culprit in question has brought a cheap R20.00 sim card and a R50 pay as you go voucher and sent the message via his own registered cell phone. The service provider has married the sim card to "his" Phone and the person will be arrested early next week.
The culprit has also sent the message via a PC. The service provider has also been able via a personal code attached to the message trace the source of the message.
Modellers are requested to laugh this off but it just goes to show what a person will do if he is asked to leave your shop for arguing and becoming aggressive with the shop attendants. If customers are worried they are more than welcome to take their 2nd hand aircraft out the shop until this person is arrested
- Control Line SIG
- Fun Fly SIG
- Gert Nieuwoudt's SAMAA Facebook page
- Large Scale Aerobatics SIG
- MGA SIG
- MHSA SIG
- Model Aerobatic Association SIG
- National Association of Scale Modelers SIG
- SA Indoor Electric Association
- SAMAA Diary of Events
- SAMAA membership admin site
- SAMAA web page
- SAMJA SIG
- SAMPRA SIG
- ► 2014 (33)
- ► 2013 (44)
- ► 2012 (57)
- ► 2011 (67)
- ► 2010 (79)
- ► 2009 (78)
- 2008 Western Province Aerobatic Champs entry form
- MHSA Nats Final Info -- Johan Sieling
- RAeSSA and SAAF Museum
- Frequency / ICASA update -- Dave Armitage
- Gariep Jet Fly in 4th to 6th July 2008
- Social drinking at flying clubs -- Piet le Roux
- Oi! Oi! 'ere we go again
- Flying at Swartkop AFB -- Esther van Wyk Aerosud
- 2008 Aerobatic World Champs report -- Nico Erasmus...
- 2008 Helicopter Nats entry form -- Johan Sieling
- Low cost Pylon Racing -- Stuart Houston
- Dirty Tricks
- Don't charge LiPos near radio equipment -- Dave Ar...
- 2008 Free State Aerobatic TOC
- ▼ February (14)
- ► 2007 (108)
- ► 2006 (90)
- ► 2005 (133)
Web site terms and conditions
Copyright of material on all the pages of this site is vested in the SAMAA or the original authors. You may use the material in terms of the Creative Commons license for non-commercial purposes on the condition that you acknowledge its origin.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License
The views expressed on this web site, or on any directly or indirectly linked site, are not necessarily those of the SAMAA Committee, or the web editor. The information provided on this site is provided for recreational purposes only. The SAMAA and the authors of presented content assume no liability whatsoever on the use of information contained in this site. The information on this site is provided on an "as-is" basis, without warrantee of any kind. Links provided on this site will let you leave the SAMAA web site. The linked sites are not under the control of the SAMAA, and the SAMAA is not responsible for the contents of any linked site, or any link contained within a linked site, or updates to such sites.