We have decided to hold our annual vintage C/L stunt day at RMAC, and join in with the Old-time R/C fliers. I have spoken to the organizer of the Memorial day event on the 24th of July, Colin Matthyssen, and he has agreed that this is a good idea.
There will be no competitions, and the emphasis will be on joining in the fun of bringing out all of those old control-line models that you have had lying around for many years. We will have some spare lines, handles, and even some spare diesel fuel! We will start at around 09:00, so we would encourage all to come out and join in the fun of "Fly-by-wire" flying.
It would be particularly appreciated if folks could wear "vintage" clothes, and arrive in vintage cars if at all possible as well. I will be making a properly edited video/DVD of the event available later, so the more we can add to the atmosphere, the better.
Keith Renecle 083 415 1409
Tuesday, June 28, 2005
- Control Line SIG
- Fun Fly SIG
- Gert Nieuwoudt's SAMAA Facebook page
- Large Scale Aerobatics SIG
- MGA SIG
- MHSA SIG
- Model Aerobatic Association SIG
- National Association of Scale Modelers SIG
- SA Indoor Electric Association
- SAMAA Diary of Events
- SAMAA membership admin site
- SAMAA web page
- SAMJA SIG
- SAMPRA SIG
- ► 2014 (33)
- ► 2013 (44)
- ► 2012 (57)
- ► 2011 (67)
- ► 2010 (79)
- ► 2009 (78)
- ► 2008 (102)
- ► 2007 (108)
- ► 2006 (90)
- Control Line Vintage Stunt Day -- Keith Renecle
- Swaziland Jet Airshow -- Rodger and Francis Dunn
- 2005 Soaring Nats. The travelling Malberies Don, ...
- 2005 Soaring Nats. Victor Ludorum Mama Michelle w...
- Claude's pattern flying manual
- Louis Bester on his "gutter" aeroplane
- Gliding postal results for May 2005 from John Ligh...
- In memoriam -- Cliff Culverwell
- Stephane du Ponsel's aircraft at the BERG F3B com...
- Johan Beyers on wing servos
- Andre on the care of LiPos
- SAMAA budget for 2005
- A comparison of local and imported LiPo battery pr...
- ▼ June (13)
Web site terms and conditions
Copyright of material on all the pages of this site is vested in the SAMAA or the original authors. You may use the material in terms of the Creative Commons license for non-commercial purposes on the condition that you acknowledge its origin.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License
The views expressed on this web site, or on any directly or indirectly linked site, are not necessarily those of the SAMAA Committee, or the web editor. The information provided on this site is provided for recreational purposes only. The SAMAA and the authors of presented content assume no liability whatsoever on the use of information contained in this site. The information on this site is provided on an "as-is" basis, without warrantee of any kind. Links provided on this site will let you leave the SAMAA web site. The linked sites are not under the control of the SAMAA, and the SAMAA is not responsible for the contents of any linked site, or any link contained within a linked site, or updates to such sites.