Posted by Fran, his wife.
It is with great sadness that this comes to you.
Cliffie (Clifford Augustus Culverwell) passed away peacefully on Tuesday &8th June at noon(12.15 South African time). Cliffie was told on 17th Nov 2003(after almost 2 years of having test upon test done, for Drs to determine what the matter really was) and Proff Bill from the medical Faculty of the University of Natal, after a lengthy examination, confirmed it to be Motor Neuron Disease(MND or sometimes A L S)
There was in the medical field nothing that could stop, cure or prevent it. I nursed him as this debilitating illness claimed him, but eventually on 1/3/2004 he went into a frail-care clinic. Ten days he developed a cold, but with an all ready much deteriorate internally, the lungs were so weakened that it was soon a serious pneumonia. He was transported to Kingsway Hospital, I C U for the final stage
We cannot wish back, Cliff, who always had been a giant, with such skill and abilities, so great a heart, active to the time when he could no more had been subjected to the most devastating suffering, but never, never did he becry his fate. He kept his strong Faith in God, his Creator.
Much love. Fran.
- Control Line SIG
- Fun Fly SIG
- Gert Nieuwoudt's SAMAA Facebook page
- Large Scale Aerobatics SIG
- MGA SIG
- MHSA SIG
- Model Aerobatic Association SIG
- National Association of Scale Modelers SIG
- SA Indoor Electric Association
- SAMAA Diary of Events
- SAMAA membership admin site
- SAMAA web page
- SAMJA SIG
- SAMPRA SIG
- ► 2014 (33)
- ► 2013 (44)
- ► 2012 (57)
- ► 2011 (67)
- ► 2010 (79)
- ► 2009 (78)
- ► 2008 (102)
- ► 2007 (108)
- ► 2006 (90)
- Control Line Vintage Stunt Day -- Keith Renecle
- Swaziland Jet Airshow -- Rodger and Francis Dunn
- 2005 Soaring Nats. The travelling Malberies Don, ...
- 2005 Soaring Nats. Victor Ludorum Mama Michelle w...
- Claude's pattern flying manual
- Louis Bester on his "gutter" aeroplane
- Gliding postal results for May 2005 from John Ligh...
- In memoriam -- Cliff Culverwell
- Stephane du Ponsel's aircraft at the BERG F3B com...
- Johan Beyers on wing servos
- Andre on the care of LiPos
- SAMAA budget for 2005
- A comparison of local and imported LiPo battery pr...
- ▼ June (13)
Web site terms and conditions
Copyright of material on all the pages of this site is vested in the SAMAA or the original authors. You may use the material in terms of the Creative Commons license for non-commercial purposes on the condition that you acknowledge its origin.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License
The views expressed on this web site, or on any directly or indirectly linked site, are not necessarily those of the SAMAA Committee, or the web editor. The information provided on this site is provided for recreational purposes only. The SAMAA and the authors of presented content assume no liability whatsoever on the use of information contained in this site. The information on this site is provided on an "as-is" basis, without warrantee of any kind. Links provided on this site will let you leave the SAMAA web site. The linked sites are not under the control of the SAMAA, and the SAMAA is not responsible for the contents of any linked site, or any link contained within a linked site, or updates to such sites.