Wednesday, April 30, 2008
Rosslyn Aero Modelers Air Show
Hi guys and girls,
FA will be hosting a fun day at Rosslyn Aero Modelers on the 25th of May 2008. This is a fun event and not a competition. Just a general get together of like minded people and to in doing so get the idea of freestyle aerobatics home to everyone.
Now I've seen what a fullsize Fox glider can do at the opening ceremony of the F3C worlds in Poland so we as FA can not see why we can not create a class for aerobatic gliders as well. We have yet to brainstorm out all the details but before we can do that we will need inputs from the glider guiders themselves. Obviously the class would be non powered but perhaps we can come up with a set of rules to allow electric powered launching or even towing up. I don't think a winch will get you high enough for a full 3-Minute aerobatics routine to music but heck who am I to say?
If your F3B machine can jump through a few hoops come out and join us? RAM has the room to rig up a few winches.
All the info, flyer, registration forms and map is on the FA website.
Feel free to contact me with any questions. 082-332-0045
Posted by John at 8:12 PM
- Control Line SIG
- Fun Fly SIG
- Gert Nieuwoudt's SAMAA Facebook page
- Large Scale Aerobatics SIG
- MGA SIG
- MHSA SIG
- Model Aerobatic Association SIG
- National Association of Scale Modelers SIG
- SA Indoor Electric Association
- SAMAA Diary of Events
- SAMAA membership admin site
- SAMAA web page
- SAMJA SIG
- SAMPRA SIG
- ► 2014 (33)
- ► 2013 (44)
- ► 2012 (57)
- ► 2011 (67)
- ► 2010 (79)
- ► 2009 (78)
- Rosslyn Aero Modelers Air Show
- Swartkop Scale
- 2008 Control Line Nats report -- Keith Renecle
- Composite Material Building Course at AMT Johannes...
- Some thoughts on the SAMAA Insurance.
- Rosendal Slope Weekend
- Giving something back. -- Piet le Roux
- From The SAMAA Chairman.
- A simple on / off switch with an option for a char...
- 2008 Gliding Nats, bulletin 1 and program -- Izak ...
- SEARCH FOR A 1960'S FAI POWER MODEL -- Sean McCull...
- David Ndawonde -- update from JOMAC
- Bob Skinner
- 2008 KZN Thermal Champs -- Denis Bird
- 2008 Control Line Nats -- Keith Renecle
- ▼ April (15)
- ► 2007 (108)
- ► 2006 (90)
- ► 2005 (133)
Web site terms and conditions
Copyright of material on all the pages of this site is vested in the SAMAA or the original authors. You may use the material in terms of the Creative Commons license for non-commercial purposes on the condition that you acknowledge its origin.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License
The views expressed on this web site, or on any directly or indirectly linked site, are not necessarily those of the SAMAA Committee, or the web editor. The information provided on this site is provided for recreational purposes only. The SAMAA and the authors of presented content assume no liability whatsoever on the use of information contained in this site. The information on this site is provided on an "as-is" basis, without warrantee of any kind. Links provided on this site will let you leave the SAMAA web site. The linked sites are not under the control of the SAMAA, and the SAMAA is not responsible for the contents of any linked site, or any link contained within a linked site, or updates to such sites.