We are lucky indeed to have in our membership a man of such hawk-eyed vision and deep insight as Spies Knuckles.Without him we would have fallen prey to two diabolical conspiracies hatched by the SAMAA Management Committee.
The first of these was The Great New Constitution Scandal. Spies identified a loophole that would have given the committee unfettered access to the members' funds and perpetual seats on the committee. This loophole was so subtle that I was unable to find it even after a careful scrutiny of the document. However Spies saw it and blew the whistle. We shall be forever in his debt.
The second, even more sinister conspiracy, is The Sixty Megahertz Frequency Affair. Here, without notice and at the stroke of a pen, the committee has replaced sixteen spots on the 60MHz band with 52 on the 35MHz one. A fiendish blow against the importers and suppliers of the original 60 MHz equipment. What would we do without him?
Word on the grapevine is that Spies is so annoyed that he is planning a break-away group of flyers who will continue to operate on 60 MHz. Good luck to you Spies and all your kind.
Bart Diaz ( member 30108)
- Control Line SIG
- Fun Fly SIG
- Gert Nieuwoudt's SAMAA Facebook page
- Large Scale Aerobatics SIG
- MGA SIG
- MHSA SIG
- Model Aerobatic Association SIG
- National Association of Scale Modelers SIG
- SA Indoor Electric Association
- SAMAA Diary of Events
- SAMAA membership admin site
- SAMAA web page
- SAMJA SIG
- SAMPRA SIG
- ► 2014 (33)
- ► 2013 (44)
- ► 2012 (57)
- ► 2011 (67)
- ► 2010 (79)
- ► 2009 (78)
- ► 2008 (102)
- ► 2007 (108)
- ► 2006 (90)
- Jet and Scale Nats postponed -- Paula Denysschen
- Gliding Postals Feb. 2005 -- John Lightfoot
- More on servos from Louw Smit
- Feedback on servos -- Claude Mackrill
- Jet Newsletter 24 Feb. 2005 -- Paula Denysschen
- Claude MacKrill asks a question about servos
- 2005 Art Adamisin Cup -- by Keith Renecle
- Jet Newsletter Feb 2005 -- Boet Denysschen
- Louw Smit replies to Claude on Aerobatics
- effects of castor oil in fuel
- Jets at Graaf Reinet -- Boet Denysschen
- Claude (again) on aerobatics
- Thoughts from Claude MacKrill
- Bart Diaz on conspiracy
- ▼ February (14)
Web site terms and conditions
Copyright of material on all the pages of this site is vested in the SAMAA or the original authors. You may use the material in terms of the Creative Commons license for non-commercial purposes on the condition that you acknowledge its origin.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License
The views expressed on this web site, or on any directly or indirectly linked site, are not necessarily those of the SAMAA Committee, or the web editor. The information provided on this site is provided for recreational purposes only. The SAMAA and the authors of presented content assume no liability whatsoever on the use of information contained in this site. The information on this site is provided on an "as-is" basis, without warrantee of any kind. Links provided on this site will let you leave the SAMAA web site. The linked sites are not under the control of the SAMAA, and the SAMAA is not responsible for the contents of any linked site, or any link contained within a linked site, or updates to such sites.