There has been debate over the past week or so on the MGSA group and via comments in the SAMAA BLOG. It concerns the direction of the SAMAA into the future.
I hear that the government is reviewing all sporting aviation activities in South Africa. Model flying is included.
If this is so, now may be the time for SAMAA to act to protect the interests of its members. There is no suggestion of this, but pandering to the government of the day may be a mistake.
Governments come and go. The SAMAA has been around for nearly a quarter of a century.
Decisions by the SAMAA committee must be open and frank. Members must have every chance to comment.
- Control Line SIG
- Fun Fly SIG
- Gert Nieuwoudt's SAMAA Facebook page
- Large Scale Aerobatics SIG
- MGA SIG
- MHSA SIG
- Model Aerobatic Association SIG
- National Association of Scale Modelers SIG
- SA Indoor Electric Association
- SAMAA Diary of Events
- SAMAA membership admin site
- SAMAA web page
- SAMJA SIG
- SAMPRA SIG
- ► 2014 (33)
- ► 2013 (44)
- ► 2012 (57)
- ► 2011 (67)
- ► 2010 (79)
- ► 2009 (78)
- ► 2008 (102)
- New responsibility; new thinking
- Helicopter National Championships at Xtreme R/C A...
- New 2.4 GHz Spread Spectrum Developments -- Dave...
- Large Scale Model Aerobatic Association -- 2006 To...
- 2007 EP Aerobatic Champs Entry Form
- The Long Arm of the Law -- Burt Botha
- The SAMAA as an Aviation Recreation Organization
- Park Flyers and the SAMAA
- Bagging a Delta -- David Kleynhans
- A time for inspired leadership
- Be on the lookout for stolen goods
- ▼ February (11)
- ► 2006 (90)
- ► 2005 (133)
Web site terms and conditions
Copyright of material on all the pages of this site is vested in the SAMAA or the original authors. You may use the material in terms of the Creative Commons license for non-commercial purposes on the condition that you acknowledge its origin.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License
The views expressed on this web site, or on any directly or indirectly linked site, are not necessarily those of the SAMAA Committee, or the web editor. The information provided on this site is provided for recreational purposes only. The SAMAA and the authors of presented content assume no liability whatsoever on the use of information contained in this site. The information on this site is provided on an "as-is" basis, without warrantee of any kind. Links provided on this site will let you leave the SAMAA web site. The linked sites are not under the control of the SAMAA, and the SAMAA is not responsible for the contents of any linked site, or any link contained within a linked site, or updates to such sites.